Karmablast is an online network created by Bodhicitta Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to helping those who are less fortunate. Each Karmablast project is submitted by our support network of constituents. A Karmablast project must be under $500,000 USD and have a tangible deliverable at the end of the project.
Our goal in 2012-13 is to raise $3,000,000 to fund several new projects: to rebuild an orphanage in Dehradun, India and a medical clinic in Tibet, as well as building two new Tibetan monasteries in Bhutan and a series of schools for nomad girls in Tibet.
Estimated Costs for these projects are as follows:
- Building a series of 5 girls’ schools in Tibet: $2,000,000
- Rebuilding an Orphanage and Girls Institute For Technology (GIFT) in India $100,000
- Building a Monastery in Ura, Bhutan: $232,000
- Building a Monastery Bumthang, Bhutan: $250,000
- Expanding and staffing a medical clinic for nomads in Tibet: $100,000
- Building a Philosophical Institute within an existing Tibetan monastery: $250,000
While the focus of our projects is located in Asia, we are always looking to expand our scope and welcome ideas from our community as to where to put our attention next.
Please help us to create a force for good by making a donation.